The client’s wish was to transform an unloved 1920’s bungalow into a sustainable family home with a contemporary feel.
The original floor plan was retained as much as possible and the old lean-to at the rear was replaced with an enormous open plan living space, spilling out to a huge deck and the permaculture garden.
- polished concrete floors and kitchen bench top
- double glazed windows/doors to the extension
- recycled materials used wherever possible
- reverse brick veneer structure to the extension
- passive solar design, coupled with cross ventilation and extensive insulation
Designer: Client & Builder